I’ve always been sad that I drifted way from this blog and the connections I made through it. A lot has changed since then, like Facebook, does anyone still read blogs anymore? Is anyone still reading this one?
I think I’ve come to a point in my life where I want to make a personal blog priority again, so I have a choice – resurrect this blog or start a whole new one.
Reasons to start a new one
- I’m tired of the “rogue2408″ user name & handle. Though I’m not entirely sure what would replace it. Possibly geekgirl24 though that’s tied to my Etsy shop & some librarians know that is me and it would make it easier for them to find the new blog.
- a fresh start
- new title
- I’m not sure how much knitting there will be and this blog has become mostly about knitting.
Reasons to resurrect this one
- I like it here
- I could just redecorate (new theme & new title)
- already have readers (theoretically, no idea if anyone is still out there)
- When it started it wasn’t about knitting
Posted in Chit Chat | 5 Comments »
After languishing in my wip pile during the heat of Georgia summer and fall I finally picked the Seed Stitch Card back up. Everything is done except the button bands and collar. But I think its gonna get frogged.
At first I thought the problem was the yarn I subbed, the pattern calls for Pear Tree 8 ply 107 yards = 50 grams, I used Frog Tree Merino Melange 101 yds = 50 grams.
But no I think I either should have made a size smaller or that I would like it better with a lighter weight yarn (its dense) or its just the pattern. Thoughts?
Its too bulky/loose under the arms
Its tragic really because it is a beautiful sweater and those cables are lovely.
the yarn is beautiufl
and I managed to successfully modify it for long sleeves
I think part of the problem might be how much I still love my central park non-hoodie, in fact if this gets frogged that’s what the yarn will be.
Posted in Cables, Seeded Cables Cardigan | Tagged Cables, frog, Knitting, Sensual Knits, wip | 8 Comments »