A recap of my work trip to Denver. Overall I really liked downtown Denver; we were one block from the 16th Street mall. It made me REALLY miss living in a bigger city. Here are some of the highlights:
- A woman was in such a hurry to use the bathroom in the airport that she tried to get in the stall with me instead of waiting for me to get out. I’m just glad I managed to get out of her way!
- We went up to Boulder for a little while. It was beautiful. Nikki & Mike had to drag me back to the car because I was in love and didn’t want to leave, ever.
- I had a drink in the hotel bar on the 27th floor while Nikki napped. It had an amazing view of the mountains.
- My sis met us for dinner at The Wynkoop. It was a nice night and but we were all tired so we didn’t’ stay out long.
- The doors open when classes are out and I descend with the rest of the hordes on tables of soda and cookies, ruining my diet and going over my daily soda allotment.
- We went to the reception in the evening. Free wine and deserts. Mike went back to his room early. Nikki & I escaped with our wine to sit outside. It was gorgeous out. We were having a great time until some guy old enough to be our dad appeared and started talking to us. When he offered to “show us around town” I felt like I was in an after school special.
- More classes fueled by caffeine and sugar.
- Dinner at The Celtic, a cool Irish Pub downtown.
- More classes
- After classes were over I met up with my sister who lives in Denver for our own little pub crawl. We started at Fado’s where we had the funky nachos made with regular potato chips (see flickr pics). Headed to The Flying Dog, and then stopped at Breckenridge on the way back.
- Nikki & I had got up at 5 hoping to catch an earlier flight out.
- I lost my driver’s license in the airport! When we got to security I realized my license was no longer in my back pocket where I put it. In what were some of the longest minutes of my life, I ran around figuring out how to get though security. We made it and made the earlier flight home.