Despite working in a winery I don’t really know much about wine. There really isn’t time for sipping each wine while discussing it’s qualities when you’re running your ass off serving shrimp scampi to customers. I’m focused on the scampi because I spilled (an empty of shrimp) plate of it all the way down my front on Saturday and got to spend the rest of the night smelling of shrimp garlic and butter. So when the Crazy Cat Lady writes about wine I make notes, little slips of paper with names and pronunciations that get lost in my purse. Well last week I went hunting for several of the wines. I didn’t find any of them, not a one, which confirmed by belief that The City really is the end of the world. *sigh*. I did discover that I’m a sucker for a good name and a label. I bought this wine. I like it. It’s probably crap and I should be ashamed for saying it’s name in public, but I like it.
- joined Romantic Handknits KAL it doesn’t start until November so there is plenty of time to get the book and yarn. (I’m writing about the book tomorrow so stay tuned for pics)
- Fixed my toilet. The thinger in the back that tells it when to stop filling broke. Yeah that’s the technical term. Ok fine it’s not. But you don’t have to know what it’s called to fix it.
- Worked at the winery, see the previously mentioned shrimp scampi incident.
- Read The Barmaid’s Brain: And Other Strange Tales From Science
- Listened to Inkheart which was recommended by Sheepish Annie (thanks!)
- Watched tivo’d episodes of The Colbert Report (Stephen I’m still waiting for your phone call)