some random thoughts
- why is my toothbrush handle ergonomically correct? Is this a real problem? Are people causing irreversible damage to their hands everyday during the 4 minutes they spend brushing?
- I am SO close to finishing the Minimalist Cardigan it’s driving me crazy. I leave town this afternoon and I’m not taking it with me, I wont have the space to block it or time to seam it carefully, so it seems silly to take it with me. But it’s driving me crazy, I am SO close!
- I need a chauffeur. I have to drive 3-4 hours today and that’s good knitting time! I wonder if I could train the boys to drive….
- I finished Inkheart and liked it. It was recommended to me by Sheepish Annie when I was suffering Harry Potter withdraw. I’m on hold for the next book, Inkspell. I’m also relistening to the Lord of the Rings. I have to say I was very disappointed to read the loathing and abuse heaped on both HP and LotR on a message board lately. Closemindedness knows no limits. I love Austen and Dumas and regularly read nonfiction (wanna talk about African oil?) but I love HP and LotR too. I’ve got lots of love to go around.
- Thank you to all the friends that commented on my “wiser” list both on the blog and off. Like almost everyone I struggle with my self image and work to be a good person. Remembering the last one “I like me. I’m not perfect but I’m a good person and I’m tired of apologizing for the things others may not like.” has been hard this week. I think I’m going to continue to struggle with it.
- It’s finally cooling down! woooohoooo! yeah Fall!
- I’m starting to get excited about new Fall tv shows, how big of a dork does that make me? oh well, let my geek light shine – Dirty Sexy Money (Peter Krause!), Bionic Woman, Cane (I think this conflicts with Boston Legal eek!) get your geek on this one has premiere dates oh and 25 days till Heroes!