So I called into work on Monday given that I’d been reduced to painfully hobbling from place to place, I figured work would go on with out me and I am no martyr. Nope, I didn’t go to the doctor, but soaked my foot in Epsom salt and kept it elevated. After two days of this behavior I was getting a little stir crazy, none of the books I had interested me, I didn’t want to knit anymore, I was tired of the internet, the tv couldn’t even hold my attention. What I really wanted was a trip to Barnes and Noble, but two things stopped me, the painful limb and lack of any money and knowing I would surely buy something if I went. I do love B&N. *sigh* I finally gave up and turned the AC on because fuck it, if I”m gonna be bored and bitchy I could at least not be sitting in puddle of my own sweat, than you very much.
Before I got to this stage I decided I wanted to knit with the beautiful Manos I bought a couple of months ago. I’d found a pattern for mittens in one of my books. So the yarn was wound into cakes and knit into to lovely mittens. The yarn is beautiful, the colors are stunning. I love the mittens. I have enough left for a matching hat. Unfortunately the pissiness has set in and not even the thought of the matching hat will make me happy now.
- Cast On: September 9th 2007
- Weaving In: September 10th 2007
- Pattern: Easy Mittens from One-Skein Wonders
- Needles: Size 6 Bryspun dpns
- Yarn: Classic Manos de Uruguay in Prairie
- Modifications : instead of casting on and knitting 3 1/2 inches of stockinette, I knit 1 1/2 of 2×2 ribbing then finished with stockinette
- Love them!