For Christmas my mom asked for a neutral set of hat and gloves to wear with all the scarves I’ve made for her. She really likes the novelty yarn ones and she has a LOT so I went with neutral colors and a pattern so as not to compete. I really wanted to add some cables, but resisted the urge. She also finds pretty much all wool itchy so I used Bernat Natural Blends Cashmere, 65% Acrylic, 30% Nylon, 5% Cashmere. If I have time I’m planning to sewing in a fabric lining so they’ll be warmer.
- Cast On: November 2007
- Weaving In: November 2007
- Pattern: Easy Mittens from One-Skein Wonders
- Needles: Size 6 Bryspun dpns
- Yarn: Bernat Natural Blends Cashmere
- Modifications : instead of casting on and knitting 3 1/2 inches of stockinette, I knit 1 1/2 of 2×2 ribbing then finished with stockinette
- For my mom