I started these the morning of the Ice Storm, 12/9/07, while I was still optimistic about the power coming back on. Tab asked me for a pair and I said I’d make them after my Christmas knitting was done. Well I had no power and was stressed out and the yarn was calling to me, so I started them. I finished them in the hotel on Tuesday 12/11/07. These went so much faster and easier than my first pair. Wow I’ve come a long way since then! 🙂 I never finished that pair but now I”m inspired to get them back out and frog and reknit them.
- Cast On: December 9th, 2007
- Weaving In: December 11th, 2007
- Pattern: Fetching
- Needles: Size 6 Bryspun DPNs
- Yarn: Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran
- Modifications: Knit extra cable rounds on the wrists so they would be long enough under coat to keep wrists warm and one extra repeat before bind off to help with the rolling. I also bound off much tighter than I normally do.
- A gift for Tab