Archive for the ‘FunStuff’ Category
I got a surprise in the mail yesterday! Zonda knew how long I’ve been waiting to sell my house and move into an apartment so she sent me this fabulous tote bag as a house warming gift! Even more awesome! She matched it with the double point needle case and Interchange case I’d already bought from her shop. She even remembered what fabric my other cases are so it matches! Like all of her other stuff it’s so well constructed! Just beautiful. Thank you so much this was so thoughtful!
Zarah tagged me with this meme
These are the rules!
1. Link to the person that tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
4. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
5. Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
Six non-important things about me:
1. I like raisins, just not in my oatmeal cookies.
2. I think we all know about my love of green! 🙂 I’m trying to branch out but it’s hard.
3. I’ve mentioned my pen issues before, but here’s another, I can not live with out my drylighter. I use it all the time! As far as I’m concerned who ever came up with the idea is a genius.
4. speaking of genius, I get the saying “the best thing since sliced bread” but really I think think of other things that are better, like air conditioning in the summer. Given the choice between air conditioning or sliced bread, I’ll gladly tear chunks from a loaf any day.
5. I don’t have any expensive jewelry, not one piece, and I’m completely ok with that.
6. I’ve never wanted to get rid of my freckles, I had no idea other people did until I was older.
I cast off for Tree Jacket last night, now just to get it blocked! Expect to see a FO this weekend!
I’ve cast on for my second Clapotis, this one is for my sister by special request. It’s Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk, yum!
I’m also working a on shrug, that I’m sort of making up as I go. I’ll let you know how it works out 🙂
I haven’t touched any of my other WiPs lately. I’m planning to cast on for the Central Park Hoodie this weekend and start working on the Hemlock Ring Blanket again. I need to get that thing finished before it gets warm, because no one wants a wool blanket on their lap when it’s hot out! I’ll probably work on the Melon Pattern Scarf when I’m itching for lace.
Here’s how it works: Give the award to up to 10 people whose blogs bring you happiness and inspiration and make you feel so happy about Blogland! Let them know by posting a comment on their blog so that they can pass it on. Beware! You may get the award several times!
I gotta admit picking 10 is going to be hard for me! I almost considered not doing it because I don’t want anyone to feel left out. But I also think it’s important to acknowledge the people who make a difference in our lives, so in no particular order, here are my 10
- Robin over at Yarn Crawl – she’s a knitting inspiration! She knits so fast, she’s so nice and always helpful, plus did you know she has an almost encyclopedic memory of knitting patterns she’s looked at. Really, it’s amazing.
- Sauntering Soul – Not a knitter, I read her blog for a slice of life 🙂 What can I say? If we lived in the same city I’m 99% sure we’d be friends. She’s smart, funny, nice and real.
- Sharon at Holly Knit Balls – I love her attitude and we’re a lot a like! 🙂
- Emily at Skyline Chilly – She was my upstream pal on my first (and last) Secret Pal. She was awesome as a pal, even better, when the exchange was over she kept on being awesome.
- Turtlegirl76– she was one of the first knitting blogs I started reading. She always leaves helpful comments and suggestions. Just reading her knitting blog is an inspiration!
- Weezelana over at Knittywhipped – she’s funny, she’s smart, she’s an awesome knitter. ‘Nuf said.
- Megan at Life Stories of a Girl and Her Neuroses – Another non knitting blog. This one is always good for a laugh. She keeps it real and it’s always nice to know you’re not the last single girl on the planet 🙂
- Adrienne of Real Life: Live and Unscripted – she knits, sews, scrapbooks, does podcasts, takes great pictures, posts Throw Back Fridays, what doesn’t this girl do? And she does it all with an amazing attitude.
- Kara over at Knitting Lemonade, she’s quitting her job to go live abroad. I am green with envy and I can’t wait to read about her adventures!
- Lara at Yarn It – among other things, she’s going back to school and still finds time to knit!
I’m a big J.J Abrams (Alias, Lost etc) fan, so I’ve been anxiously awaiting the release of Cloverfield. The teasers didn’t tell us much, so I wasn’t sure what I was in for when I went. I usually don’t go see movies on opening weekend but I was worried that someone would ruin it for me, so last night I headed to the theatre. I loved it! Go see it!
I also enjoyed I Am Legend a couple of weeks ago. Both scary movies but not too scary for me. Although I Am Legend added to my zombie nightmares. I’ve been having them pretty regularly since reading The Cell by Stephen King in October. 🙂
Laurie tagged me with a book meme. I have to open the book I am currently reading to page 161 and read the 5th sentence, and then tag 5 people…
“And I said, you are quite right, my dear. My son may have other children, who knows, he is still young”
I haven’t actually started this book yet. But I’m going to today. If you’re reading this consider yourself tagged! 🙂
I have a confession to make. I think my stash might be too big. I know, I know some of you think that a stash could never be to big. But I noticed I can’t seem to keep track of it all. I mean there is some gorgeous yarn in there that I’ve forgotten I have, that doesn’t seem right. Plus it doesn’t all fit in the new yarn room and noticed on Ravelry it says I have 85 yarns stashed and I know they aren’t all even in there.
Off the top of my head I have the yarn for these projects
- Cozy V Neck Pullover
- Lace Cardigan
- Shrug for Mentionable
- Myrtle Leaf Shawl
- Central Park Hoodie
- Juno Regina
- A couple of things from Victorian Lace Today that I haven’t decided on yet.
- Lots of hats
Plus what’s on the needles (Hemlock Ring Blanket, Tree Jacket, Lace Tank, Melon Pattern Shawl, Clapotis 2, New Friend Shrug) and all the yarn I haven’t picked a project for yet. So the plan is 6 months. No new yarn for 6 months. It’s totally reasonable, hopefully I’ll be moving – less stuff to move. I’m planning a big trip – need money for that. I have enough yarn to knit projects for at least 6 months. I can do this. I can do this right? RIGHT?
Your Score: Wasabi
You scored 50% intoxication, 75% hotness, 75% complexity, and 75% craziness!
You are Wasabi!
You’re pretty much insane. You’re probably from another planet, even. When you’re around people, you go straight for the crown chakra and get them all tingly. You’re often imitated by those who want to be like you, but you’re definitely one of a kind.
|Link: The Which Spice Are You Test written by jodiesattva on OkCupid Free Online Dating, home of the The Dating Persona Test|
Spotted over at Knitting Knot
First off, my Secret Pal freaking rocks. Seriously you guys. I got home today and there was a box from the florist sitting on my door step and I could not figure out who might have sent it. Oh I can think of a coupe people who owe me flowers but none that would actually send them. 🙂 When I hoped it – they were from my Pal! A miniature yellow rose bush in this cute silver container. It went on the end table right next to my knitting space.
Rules: Once tagged, you must link to the person who tagged you. Then post the rules before your list, and list 8 random things about yourself. At the end of the post, you must tag and link to 8 other people, visit their sites, and leave a comment letting them know they’ve been tagged.
- I’m afraid of normal things like spiders, heights, and small spaces, but I’m also completely freaked out by clowns and rabbits
- I can curl my tongue
- I’ve never seen any of the Die Hard movies
- I have never named any of my cars
- I don’t like yellow highlighters
- I once had a pet rabbit named Marmalade. It was vicious (see #1)
- I always want to know how things work. I’ve never stopped asking “why”. I’m pretty sure it drives people nuts, including my boss.
- The only kind of jam I like is the homemade raspberry jam that my mom and grandma make
Oh and I’m not usually this lazy, but if you’re reading this consider yourself tagged!